[Fixed] Web Interface - Putty Problem

Started by Jack, June 15, 2017, 09:48:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack

Is there a way of keeping the Web Interface able to run all of the bots without putty needing to be open, so If I was to shut my computer down all the bots would stay online?

Stefan1200

Of course, reading the JTS3ServerMod manual would help ;)

Jack

I have read it, And I can't seem to find anything that refers to being able to keep the Web Interface working without having to have putty open 24/7...

Stefan1200

Quote from: Jack on June 18, 2017, 11:51:28 AM
I have read it, And I can't seem to find anything that refers to being able to keep the Web Interface working without having to have putty open 24/7...

Okay, but that is a different topic. Why you can't close Putty, if you started the bot like described at: https://www.stefan1200.de/documentation/jts3servermod/readme.html#5

Jack

Quote from: Stefan1200 on June 18, 2017, 02:20:44 PM
Quote from: Jack on June 18, 2017, 11:51:28 AM

Okay, but that is a different topic. Why you can't close Putty, if you started the bot like described at: https://www.stefan1200.de/documentation/jts3servermod/readme.html#5
My Overall starting of this Discussion was to say that When I start the jts3 mod for the interface to actually allow bots to connect through the application Putty, Whenever I close putty it stops bots from functioning, So I was asking, is there a way to keep bots working but closing putty, as I cannot keep my computer on even though the Web Interface runs through a VPS Server?

Stefan1200

Quote from: Jack on June 18, 2017, 02:27:52 PM
My Overall starting of this Discussion was to say that When I start the jts3 mod for the interface to actually allow bots to connect through the application Putty, Whenever I close putty it stops bots from functioning

And this only happen if you start the JTS3ServerMod by java -jar JTS3ServerMod.jar
That's great for testing, but not for productive use.

So, how do you start the JTS3ServerMod?

Jack

Originally I started the mod with: java -mx30M -jar JTS3ServerMod.jar

But I have tried the way suggested and so far the bot is functioning without having to have putty open. So I guess that has fixed my problem, Thank you for the help! :D

Stefan1200

Quote from: Jack on June 18, 2017, 02:38:58 PM

But I have tried the way suggested and so far the bot is functioning without having to have putty open. So I guess that has fixed my problem, Thank you for the help! :D

So, you didn't read the manual originally :P ;)

Jack

Quote from: Stefan1200 on June 18, 2017, 02:41:30 PM
Quote from: Jack on June 18, 2017, 02:38:58 PM

So, you didn't read the manual originally :P ;)
Well I was reading the installation from: readme_webinterface.txt

Stefan1200

Quote from: Jack on June 18, 2017, 02:42:34 PM
Well I was reading the installation from: readme_webinterface.txt

Interesting, because in that file you can't see how to start the JTS3ServerMod, there is only this line:
QuoteThe last step is starting the bot. You can read in the bot readme file how this work.

It is okay, you are not the first person. ;)