Author Topic: How to split message into multiple message  (Read 9191 times)

Sporranlegion

• View Profile
How to split message into multiple message
« on: October 19, 2018, 07:37:11 PM »

I have tried to split a long message into multiple messages using the sequence $+$ but I still get an error that the message is longer than 100 characters. I have looked around for BB code but cant find any reference to this sequence or how to use it.
I have set up the message to be delivered with a poke.
Can someone please give me an example?

# Typical BBCode like in Teamspeak 3 Client possible. You can use \n for a new line.
# Use the character sequence §+§ to split a long message into multiple messages.
You were moved to channel "%MUTE_CHANNEL_NAME%" because your client status is muted. You will be moved back if your client status is not muted anymore.

Stefan1200

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: How to split message into multiple message
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2018, 07:43:03 PM »
What is the message you use?

Sporranlegion

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2018, 07:46:25 PM »
At the moment I am using the default message [You were moved to channel "%MUTE_CHANNEL_NAME%" because your client status is muted. You will be moved back if your client status is not muted anymore.] which has 150 charterers

Stefan1200

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2018, 07:56:22 PM »
I don't see the §+§

Sporranlegion

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2018, 08:02:13 PM »
I dont know where to put it  ;D
I tried like this {You were moved to channel "%MUTE_CHANNEL_NAME%" because your client status is muted. $+$ You will be moved back if your client status is not muted anymore.} but it didnt work
if you can show me where you would put it as an example then I can work out the rest

Stefan1200

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2018, 08:10:33 PM »
I still don't see the §+§...

§ != $

Sporranlegion

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2018, 02:06:25 AM »
Those characters looked like $ (dollar) signs, no wonder it didn't work in the cfg file.
They are alt keyboard characters § (Alt 0167)

Is this the correct syntax {You were moved to channel "%MUTE_CHANNEL_NAME%" because your client status is muted. §+§ You will be moved back if your client status is not muted anymore.}

Or is it like this {You were moved to channel "%MUTE_CHANNEL_NAME%" because your client status is muted. §!=§ You will be moved back if your client status is not muted anymore.}

Stefan1200

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2018, 07:53:58 AM »
!= means "not equal"

Just remove the spaces around the splitting string, because even a space is a character.

Code: [Select]
You were moved to channel "%MUTE_CHANNEL_NAME%" because your client status is muted.§+§You will be moved back if your client status is not muted anymore.

Sporranlegion

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2018, 01:15:45 PM »
Tried the code suggested as below but I still get the same resulting error "message is to long"

You were moved to channel "%MUTE_CHANNEL_NAME%" because your client status is muted.§+§You will be moved back if your client status is not muted anymore.

# JTS3ServerMod Config File
# Away Mover message, the client get this message as chat message.
# You can use the following keywords, which will be replaced:
# %AWAY_CHANNEL_NAME% - This will be replaced with the name of the specified channel
# Typical BBCode like in Teamspeak 3 Client possible. You can use \n for a new line.
# Use the character sequence §+§ to split a long message into multiple messages.

Stefan1200

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2018, 01:36:35 PM »
Maybe you saved the file with the wrong encoding? You can check it by sending the chat message to the bot:
!botcfgget FUNCTIONNAME_message
Of course, you have to replace FUNCTIONNAME to the used function name.

Sporranlegion

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2018, 02:17:49 PM »
Thank you Stefan, it's working now