Finding Channel ID's in new versions of TS

Started by Sno, March 08, 2013, 01:02:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sno

Since the new versions of TS don't seem to have anywhere that displays the channel ID # (and not even a serverquery window in the client) I had been finding them by logging in an old client that does show them. But now the newest server version won't let older clients connect, so finding those #'s for config purposes is impossible with a standard client. So I wrote function for the bot that tells the bot's admin those numbers that you might want to include. Here's the code:
Add this to JTS3ServerMod.handleChatMessage():

} else if (msg.toLowerCase().startsWith("!channels")) {
chatCommands.handleChannels(eventInfo);

And stick this somewhere in ChatCommands.java:
void handleChannels(HashMap<String, String> eventInfo) {
modClass.addLogEntry("COMMAND", "Got command from " + eventInfo.get("invokername"), false);
Vector<HashMap<String, String>> channelList = queryLib.getList(JTS3ServerQuery.LISTMODE_CHANNELLIST);
StringBuilder msg = new StringBuilder(1023);
Integer lastPid = 0;
Integer newPid;
Integer indent = 0;
Vector<Integer> indentLvls = new Vector<Integer>(10);
for (HashMap<String, String> channel : channelList) {
msg.append("\n");
newPid = Integer.parseInt(channel.get("pid"));
if (newPid == 0) {
indent = 0;
indentLvls.clear();
} else if (newPid > lastPid) {
indentLvls.add(newPid);
indent++;
} else if (newPid < lastPid) {
indent = indentLvls.indexOf(newPid) + 1;
indentLvls.setSize(indent);
}
lastPid = newPid;
if (indent > 0) {
for (int i = 0; i < indent; i++) {
msg.append("\t");
}
}
msg.append(channel.get("channel_name") + ": " + channel.get("cid"));
if (msg.length() + 42 + indent > 1023) {
queryLib.sendTextMessage(Integer.parseInt(eventInfo.get("invokerid")), JTS3ServerQuery.TEXTMESSAGE_TARGET_CLIENT, msg.toString());
msg = new StringBuilder(1023);
}
}
if (msg.length() > 0)
queryLib.sendTextMessage(Integer.parseInt(eventInfo.get("invokerid")), JTS3ServerQuery.TEXTMESSAGE_TARGET_CLIENT, msg.toString());
}

Now bot admins can get a nicely formatted list of the channels with their ID's which are needed to config many of the bot's functions by messaging the bot with "!channels".
Cheers  8)

Stefan1200

You can also use different Themes. As an example this one is able to show the channel id: http://addons.teamspeak.com/directory/addon/result/Extended-Client-Info.html

Stefan1200

Just to let you know: Since some month the JTS3ServerMod has the chat command !channellist / !getchannelid which accepts the channel id and the channel name.