FAQ about the Licence Key and Licence Check (up to version 6.5.7)

Started by Stefan1200, March 30, 2016, 06:57:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stefan1200

This information are only valid for the JTS3ServerMod Hosting Edition up to version 6.5.7!

What is the Licence Key?
The Licence Key is unique for every person and is created with your email address. You need this Licence Key to start the JTS3ServerMod Hosting Edition since version 6.0.

Where I get my personal Licence Key?
Just visit this page, after you visit this forum: https://www.stefan1200.de/licencemanagement/
On this page you can also see all started JTS3ServerMod instances with your Licence Key. You can also see the maximum allowed amount of running JTS3ServerMod instances with your Licence Key.

How many bots I can start with my Licence Key?
This is only limited to your system memory, CPU power and the disk space of your database. If you have a very powerful machine, you can run many thousands of bots (which can connect even to different TS3 servers) on it using a single JTS3ServerMod process.

My Licence Key is limited to X installations. What does that mean?
Depends on the amount of your donation, you can only run up to X JTS3ServerMod processes at the same time. But this do not limit the amount of bots (see last question above), because a single JTS3ServerMod process can run multiple bots at the same time.

Which connections are needed for the Licence Check of the JTS3ServerMod?
Just a TCP HTTPS connection to www.stefan1200.de (default HTTPS port).

What happens if the connection to www.stefan1200.de is not possible?
If this happens while you start the JTS3ServerMod Hosting Edition, the JTS3ServerMod will not start. Just check if you can reach the Licence Management with your browser. If this is possible, it is maybe an issue with your firewall settings. Feel free to contact me by email, if you have also problems to open the Licence Management with your browser.

The JTS3ServerMod also checks every 4 hours if the Licence Key is still valid. If this connection is not possible, the JTS3ServerMod tries again 4 hours later without stopping. If to many sequential validations are not possible, the JTS3ServerMod stops.

While the JTS3ServerMod checks the Licence Key, what data will be transmitted to you?
The JTS3ServerMod transmits the JTS3ServerMod build number, the Licence Key and a hashed installation token to identify the installation. No passwords or any other stuff will be transferred to my server. This is needed to check, if you have a valid licence. The IP address of the TCP source will be saved to this JTS3ServerMod installation token. But no information will be forwarded to other companies or persons. The connection to my web site is secured by HTTPS using TLS encryption.