Use default channel to enter server

Started by Sporranlegion, October 27, 2018, 01:03:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sporranlegion

Hi Stefan,

Is it possible to use the bot to only allow entry to the server through the default channel only.
Can I stop members from entering the server to any channel of their choice, I only want them to enter on the default channel only.

Stefan1200

Just remove the join power (TS3 server permission) for them. Or do I get you wrong?

Sporranlegion

I only want them to enter the server using the default channel then they can join any channel they want, if I move joining power I will restrict their movements.
Some of the members have set a specific channel to join when they join the server and they dont come in the front door so they miss any messages that are there.

Stefan1200

Why not sending them that message as welcome message?

Maybe the AutoMove function could help here, but I guess you get error messages in the bot log for everyone, who just join the default channel. Not checked the source code, maybe it is working without errors.

Sporranlegion

I will have another look at the automove function, maybe I can use it.

I was hoping there was a way to remove the option that allows a client to set their own default join channel.

Sporranlegion

I got it to work using the AutoMove function  8)
Had to rearrange some of the channels and the ID's but on the positive side that means I learn more on how the bot works