Preview of the version 5.0 (special edition)

Started by Stefan1200, February 09, 2014, 08:26:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stefan1200

As you might know, the public edition of the bot made a huge progress in the last weeks. Also the next version of the special edition is almost done, all changes to the public edition are already included in the developer version on my computer, see current changelog at the bottom of this post. But the new modular design of all functions have a big impact to the web interface. I have to recreate big parts of the web interface, which I work on it currently. But as soon as I am done with all changes, you will be able to use all features and benefits of the new public version with the special edition and the web interface. I hope to release the special edition including the new web interface end of February 2014.

Important:
Not all bot settings can be imported to the new web interface. To much stuff changed.
But it should be possible to import the user accounts and bots with main settings (everything from the first two settings pages).
If you don't want to lose that, you have to stay at the current version! But read now what you don't get, if you don't update:

QuoteVersion 5.0 Hosting Edition RC 1 (XX.02.2014)
+ Complete redesign of the bot, now all bot functions are modular and most of them can be used multiple times.
  This functions will be set in the bot config file at bot_functions.
  Use chat command !botfunctionlist to get a list of loaded functions.
  Some examples:
  You want to use different welcome messages for some server groups? Do it now!
  You have different AFK channels for different server groups? You can set this now for Idle Check, Away Mover and Mute Mover!
  Some server groups should be kicked after using a bad nickname, some should only get a message? It's now possible!
+ Fully recreated the Bad Channel Name Check and got a lot of new features!
  Now the Bad Channel Name Check knows who created or renamed the channel and can punish him (just a message or kick).
  Much more features here to choose what should happen.
  The config file has changed and expects the message first like the Bad Nickname Check config file.
+ Bad Nickname Check allows now not to kick that client, just send a message if you want.
+ Auto Move now allows to add the target channel name to the message, see Auto Move config file.
+ Added !setchannelgroup chat command, this allows you to set a channel group for a client in many channels, even if the client is offline.
+ New chat command !setchannelname, this allows you to change a channel name.
+ New chat command "check" for the Bad Channel Name Check function.
  The Bad Channel Name Check since version 5.0 RC1 don't recognise changed channel names while the bot is offline.
  Bot Admins can now check all channel names manually using this chat command, if the bot was offline for a longer time
  and rename channels using the !setchannelname command.
+ Changed !botcfgreload command, now it's possible to reload the whole bot configuration without reconnecting the bot with !botreload.
  Only some of the internal bot settings (like the TS3 connection details) can still only reloaded using the !botreload command.
+ Command !clientsearch is now able to detect that someone is currently online (displays also the current client ID),
  and if there are more than 5 search results, it shows the client names of up to 20 search results to refine the search.
+ LastSeen is able to display up to 10 search results now.
+ Channel Notify as two more options to limit which server groups should be watched.
o Mute Mover change: If you now enable headphone and microphone mute within one function prefix,
                both have now happen at the same time to move the client!
                Create a second Mute Mover prefix, if you still need that to trigger for each mute state.
o Server Group Protection now only adds missing server groups (if enabled in config), if server group type is equals to 1 (which is a normal server group).
  This change allows now limited bot admins to change configuration of Server Group Protection. This was forbidden because of security reasons.
o Changed the Client Database Cache to increase the bot performance.
o Updated documentation, completed German translation.

Stefan1200

Another Teaser, the new Web Interface 2.0 supporting all the new stuff and smaller facelift:
*UPDATE* Most screenshots in pinned topic updated: https://www.stefan1200.de/forum/index.php?topic=85.0

Stefan1200

The new version is almost done. If no bigger problems occur, I will release a first testing version of the new Web Interface and Special Edition tomorrow afternoon.

Already released since some days :)