Author Topic: how to run JTS3ServerMod on Windows Server Core?  (Read 4826 times)

nmbrg

• View Profile
how to run JTS3ServerMod on Windows Server Core?
« on: September 27, 2021, 11:37:39 AM »
When i try to run JTS3ServerMod on my Windows Server 2019 Core server. i get a message saying:
"This application requires a Java Runtime Enviroment 1.7.0"

If i add it as a windows service i instead get this error message when trying to start the service:
"A system error has occured. System Error 1067 has occured. The process terminated unexpectedly."

i installed Java RE Version 8 Update 301 (the offline .exe) with using this guide:
https://audiophilestyle.com/forums/topic/29675-how-to-how-to-install-java-jre-in-windows-server-core/

any suggestions on what is wrong, missing or what i could do to get it up and running?

EDIT: saw that i placed this in the wrong forum section, so you can movie it to the right section if you want, and sorry for that.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2021, 01:52:23 PM by nmbrg »

Stefan1200

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: how to run JTS3ServerMod on Windows Server Core?
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2021, 12:20:44 AM »
Never tested it on a Windows Server Core, but as long as the Java Runtime is working, it should run.
What happens, if you enter "java -version" in your cmd.exe?

PS: Sorry for the late answer, my forum didn't sent me a notification about this post.

nmbrg

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2021, 07:03:35 AM »
Couldn't get it to work. So I just installed the FOD package in windows core so I could do a regular (GUI) install in Java RE. Then it worked.
So I guess I either did something wrong when CLI-intalling Java RE, or Java RE really doesn't like to be installed using CLI.

Stefan1200

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2021, 09:20:36 AM »
Okay. I know on Linux the JTS3ServerMod is also running with the headless Java Runtime on a Linux installation without X Server / GUI. But as far as I know there is no headless Runtime for Windows. Maybe there are some inofficial tricks to get it running, I don't know.