Сhannelnotify question.

Started by chameleon, November 17, 2015, 03:27:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chameleon

Good afternoon. Could you help solve the problem with the bot, or rather does not function chanelnotifimessages settings are:

Admin=9
Quest=11
Normal=10

channelnotify_channel_id = 1
channelnotify_group_list = 9,10,11
channelnotify_group_list_mode = only
channelnotify_grouptargets = 9,10,11
channelnotify_channel_list =
channelnotify_channel_list_mode = ignore
channelnotify_message_mode = poke
channelnotify_messagenotified_mode = none

chat or poke do not work.

Stefan1200

You can't put the same server groups on channelnotify_group_list and channelnotify_grouptargets. And why should Guests should get a message, if a user joined the channel 1?

chameleon

There is a task that would alert all groups receiving server who join the channel. I corrected my first post.

Stefan1200

Maybe the ServerGroupNotify is more useful in your case. But the watching server group can't be the same as the server group, who gets the message.

chameleon

Ie it turns out that the group that receives the message can only be either quest, normal? kotopy this option you suggest I do not quite fit, you can tweak the first post in the state when it works for groups quest normal. And another question bot can send a message to the sub-channels if the decree of the root canal?

Stefan1200

Quote from: chameleon on November 18, 2015, 01:00:56 PM
Ie it turns out that the group that receives the message can only be either quest, normal? kotopy this option you suggest I do not quite fit, you can tweak the first post in the state when it works for groups quest normal. And another question bot can send a message to the sub-channels if the decree of the root canal?

I don't understand anything :(

One useful scenario for the ChannelNotify function is:
You have a support channel and if customers or guests join this channel, you want to notify your supporters (that a customer or guest joined that channel).

Example:
Support Channel ID is 14
Guest Server Group is 11
Customer Server Group is 10
Supporter Server Group is 20

Example configuration:
channelnotify_channel_id = 14
channelnotify_group_list = 10,11
channelnotify_group_list_mode = only
channelnotify_grouptargets = 20
channelnotify_channel_list =
channelnotify_channel_list_mode = ignore
channelnotify_message_mode = poke
channelnotify_messagenotified_mode = none

The function ServerGroupNotify is quite similar, but not limited to one channel. That would notify your supporter, if someone from my example server groups 10 and 11 joins the TS3 server. In this case your supporters with the server group 20 will get a message.

Your problem is, that you put the same server groups on channelnotify_group_list and channelnotify_grouptargets. This is not working!

chameleon

Good. And you can not do so to the group when approaching the channel get the message that something like ads on the collection of Clan? Thanks.

Stefan1200

Quote from: chameleon on November 18, 2015, 03:26:11 PM
Good. And you can not do so to the group when approaching the channel get the message that something like ads on the collection of Clan? Thanks.

I still have problems to understand you. But maybe the WelcomeMessage or Advertising is the function you need?

chameleon

Advertising it sends a message after a certain interval of time which is not very convenient, WelcomeMessage and writes only to chat.

Stefan1200

Quote from: chameleon on November 18, 2015, 03:53:39 PM
WelcomeMessage and writes only to chat.

That's not true! Welcome Message can also send poke messages (also multiline poke messages)!
Please read the documentation or config file:
https://www.stefan1200.de/documentation/jts3servermod/ConfigHelp.html

chameleon

chameleon

Thanks for operational assistance.