Linking Server Group Protection to a phpBB database

Started by Harry, January 29, 2017, 11:52:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harry

Hello again,

Sorry for all the recent posts. Is there a feature that would allow me to link the server group protection feature to a phpBB database meaning that when someone logs on to the teamspeak server they get server groups assigned to them that are the same as the groups they have on the phpBB forum?

Thanks,
Harry

Harry

Anyone know if this is possible, I would really like to use it on my teamspeak server rather than having to manually assign server groups.

Thanks

Stefan1200

Well, in general it is possible if you create a mod for the phpBB which connects to the TS3 server and change the server groups. If you want to combine this with the JTS3ServerMod, you can create a phpBB mod, which adds the unique id to the server group protection and reload the bot configuration. But this has to be created by you or someone else. But technical this is possible.

Harry

I have no experience with php so I would not know how to do this, would you know how to do it?

Thanks

Stefan1200

Quote from: Harry on February 06, 2017, 05:47:04 PM
I have no experience with php so I would not know how to do this, would you know how to do it?

I have no experiences with phpBB.

Harry

Ah ok, on another note, is it possible to create custom commands such as !test to assign a user to a certain group?

Thanks,
Harry

Stefan1200

Maybe the chat commands of the Server Group Protection can do something like that for you.

If not, you can create a plugin for the JTS3ServerMod, which allows you to create such a function. Please check out the documentation in the plugins directory. Java programming skills are needed.

Harry

Hedrauta

well..... why not add a new column/information where users can set their ID.... .... and than write a plugin which will read the database with the column/user-information and set their rights set to it.... ;) should no need in java :D