Install php

Started by Mygalaxy23, November 22, 2022, 04:33:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mygalaxy23

Hi!

I'm having trouble figuring out what to put in the install.php form.
Especially in the line "MySQL Database / Datenbank:", and in the second form that appears after checking "Create tables in database? / Erstelle Tabellen in der Datenbank?"

If this can help I am using xampp to create the web interface, and both the bot and the interface will run on the same machine.

Thanks in advance!

Stefan1200

If you don't have a backup of the database, always check "Create tables in database?".
Uncheck this, if you want to (or already have) import a SQL dump after installing that web interface.

Mygalaxy23

Hi! Thanks for the reply!

I just need to know what to put in "MySQL Database / Datenbank:"
I already tried with the version, the name and stuff. I don't understand what it wants me to write there.

And also if the username and password of the web interface admin are my free choice or if I have to find them somewhere

Stefan1200

Well, the Web Interface needs the IP address (or FQDN) from the MySQL server, the MySQL user name, MySQL password of this MySQL user and the name of the MySQL database.
The MySQL database has to be created by your hands, maybe using PHPMyAdmin or any other MySQL tools or clients.
Make sure, that the used MySQL user has access to the new created database with enough permissions (CREATE Table, ALTER Table, TRUNCATE Table, INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE, SELECT).

Mygalaxy23

Thank you so much!

It was that simple of a fix, it worked!